Monday, September 19, 2011

Real Party: Nesting Baby Shower

If you've been reading this blog for the last few months you know that my friend Lindsay and I are both expecting.  Our high school girlfriends threw us a joint baby shower earlier this summer.  And it was amazing! I'm so excited to finally be able to share the pictures! 

My friend Megan made the adorable invites, which set the scene for the nesting theme. 

There was a banner for each of our babies.
The food table was gorgeous.  

My most favorite detail was the 2 bird houses painted for each of us and hung above the food table.  Aren't they adorable? 

Lunch was tea sandwiches and assorted salads.

Our friends also baked up a storm!
Vanilla cupcakes, bird nest sugar cookies, grapefruit sandwich cookies, lemon tarts were just a few of the desserts.

Around the house were flowers, birdhouses, and bird nests.  

 Linds and I opened amazing gifts for our baby girls from friends and family...

...and then played the best game I've ever played at a baby shower.  With the help of our friends Deb and Leslie, our husbands were secretly interviewed on camera about our pregnancies and parenthood.  We had to guess how they would answer. It was hilarious!
The boys were very good sports. :)

 Party favors were individually packaged macaroon cookies from one of my girlfriends' favorite bakeries

Lindsay and I with our hostesses: Linnea, Marci, Megan, and Morgan.  Love those girls. :)
Thank you so much for the amazing shower! I could not have asked for anything more. 

Photos by Morgan McGinn

No comments:

Post a Comment