Monday, April 26, 2010

Real Party: Girls Dinner

Last night several of my girlfriends came over for dinner. 
We had dinner in the backyard...and I was able to use some of my newest table decor items. 
Fun for spring, huh?

I also made some Sangria, as I mentioned last week.  Yum! I made the second recipe I listed here (and substituted strawberries for the melon due to a friend's allergy). It was delicious, and everyone loved the "fizz". 
 Not the smartest move I've ever made:  I made the Sangria in my drink dispenser. Oops, the fruit quickly clogged the spigot.  I should have stuck with a pitcher!  A ladle saved the day. :)

Several months ago I told you about a product that I think is so fun: The Zoku Quick Pop Maker.
We had fun experimenting with this for dessert.  My friend, who is apparently an undercover popsicle expert, and came up with this amazing pop: 
The little heart is a thin apple slice, cut with a cookie cutter. Isn't it cute?!

The only boys invited to Girls Dinner certainly loved them!

Are you as ready for summer as I am? 

No comments:

Post a Comment