Thursday, August 19, 2010

Strawberry Rhubarb Cream Cake

Sorry again for the long absence...what a busy summer it has been. 
I've been here...
...relaxing, barbecuing, catching up with friends, and toasting these two...

Jason & Jen
(my good friends who are recently engaged!)

We decorated our cabin with a little last-minute-construction-paper-banner in honor of them!

Enough about my friends' exciting news though, the reason for this post is actually to share a new cake recipe.  (Which was adapted from one that Jen gave me over the weekend.)

Strawberry Rhubarb Cream Cake
Make one yellow boxed cake as directed and pour into greased 9x13 pan
Sprinkle 2 cups of thinly sliced rhubarb and 2 cups thinly sliced strawberries over the uncooked cake
Sprinkle 3/4 cup sugar over the uncooked cake
Pour 1 cup heavy whipping cream over the uncooked cake
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes

We ate it with whipped cream - YUM!

And special thanks to my parents who let me raid their ridiculously-huge rhubarb bush...
...for the baseball-bat-sized rhubarb used to make this cake!
You've got to try this cake, its perfect for summer!

PS thanks for your patience while I get together the post about the Six-Tea party! I promise I'm working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment