Friday, April 22, 2011

Real Party: Cute as a Button Dessert Table

Yesterday I shared all the details of a baby shower that I recently helped to throw. 
I saved the best for last: the dessert table! 
 This was such a fun one to create. As I mentioned yesterday, we used thread, yarn, doilies, and lots of buttons in our decor. I tried to continue all this with the dessert table. 
Lindsay's grandma handmade the quilt the desserts sat on.  And believe it or not, that's part of fence from our garden hanging in the back. 

One of my favorite parts of the table were the two flower arrangements. I did one with spools of thread as the vase filler, and another with buttons. My friend Morgan arranged the flowers for me (as I've said before, I'm flower-challenged!). I was so happy with how they turned out!
Cute, cute! 
I spread a few of my yarn balls around.  And Lindsay and I made the risers holding the desserts...did you recognize what they are? Giant spools of thread! I'll share how we made them later.  

We kept the desserts pretty simple. 
 My cake pops (on giant spool risers). We used some of the leftover paper straws that I mentioned yesterday as the sticks.  I was nervous they would fall apart, but they did just fine.  Aren't the stripes cute?

Lindsay's mini cupcakes

 Frosted Animal crackers.  I was so excited when I remembered these cookies as I was trying to come up with one more pink item for the table.  I love them, and they are pink, and they don't require any special ordering or shipping. Easy-peasy!

 Chocolate dipped fortune cookies. These were such a hit at the Chinese New Year birthday party that Lindsay and I had thrown earlier, we decided to bring them back.  

 Lemon drops. 

Meringues.  I love the way these look! They might be the prettiest cookie. 

What an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment