Thursday, September 2, 2010

Inspiration for a Yellow Bridal Shower

I had a interesting request for help this week.
A friend of mine is throwing a bridal shower for a friend. The shower is soon, and she wanted ideas on decor/styling.
What makes this such an interesting request? This friend of mine lives in another state, so I won't have time to send her any crafty paper items. She's also not particularly crafty herself, so even DIY suggestions are out. I usually make some kind of food suggestion for a party favor, but this friend isn't a huge baker either.  And of course, things need to be kept to a reasonable budget.

Most inspiration I put together is full of fun projects or printables, but now...eek!

I sent her a long email earlier today with suggestions, but I decided to do a post about it too, to give her visuals & a shopping guide of things I mentioned in the email.  
Disclaimer: I have not been compensated to suggest any of these shopping outlets.

Her theme/color scheme directions were, "Either yellow or green, and kind of whimsical style".

So...here's how I advised her:

Invitations
 I thought these invites from Tiny Prints fit the bill: yellow & whimsical. 

Centerpieces
image via
Yellow and white daisies can always be found in the grocery store floral department.  Easy centerpieces -- done!

Table & Lunch Items

Ikea has very affordable yellow napkins. 


I love these from Crate and Barrel also. 

image via
I suggested she use all-white serving ware, over white or yellow linens, for the food items.
I suggested a simple lunch of easy to prepare ahead of time foods: sandwiches or roll-ups, pasta salad, veggies & dip. 

image via
 Lemonade, spiked and virgin, would be perfect to serve. 
image via
I suggested that lemons be used to label food and drink items.  She can either write directly on them with a sharpie, or stick a little toothpick with a paper label. 
 Yellow cupcakes with white daisies are a must.  I suggested that my friend take a picture of some that she likes to a local bakery and have them recreate the look.  Aren't these from Buttercup Cupcakes adorable?

Party Favors 
I think these cookies would be adorable in a glassine bag, tied with a yellow ribbon. 
They are from Gianna's Baking Company. I've seen them at the Whole Foods bakery, or they can be ordered directly from Gianna's Baking Company or from Amazon


Old Navy flip flops in yellow would be fun too. 


Anything you would add? 
I'll share pictures after the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment