Monday, April 4, 2011

Real Party: Hot Pink Bachelorette Bash!

Kelsey & John are getting married in May.  
We celebrated Kelsey with a night out last Friday.  (Party #1 of 3 of my busy busy weekend!)

The night started out with dinner & drinks at a fabulous restaurant called Barrio in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood.  I highly recommend this restaurant for groups! They were so accommodating and let me show up early to set up the table.  The food was delicious and the drink menu was incredible.
(The only problem with the restaurant was the dim lighting - pictures were difficult!)

My favorite project for this party were the centerpieces.  I enlisted John (the groom's) help. I asked him for a few little sayings and incorporated them into the centerpieces. 
I had 3 centerpieces lined up down the long table.  
John gave me perfect things to put on them. One was a sweet message to Kelsey that he had said when they decided to get married: "I'm not asking you to marry me because we have no problems. I'm asking because we can solve every problem together."  {melt...}

The other was a silly message: "I promise to have and to hold for rich or for tall, in times of sickness or extreme hunger."  {Kelsey is quite tall & she has a tendency to forget to eat...and then wind up starving}.  :) I love how well John knows her. 

And the third was the first words they said to each other the night they met: 
"Two olives and a twist?"  "Yeah, so?"
This is so perfect! They are both so sassy, which is one of the reasons why they clicked so well.  We were all convincing her all weekend that they had to offer a martini with "two olives and a twist" as a signature drink at the wedding!
The centerpieces were a hit, and Kelsey cried when she saw them! Mission accomplished! 
Check back later this week for DIY instructions.
I purchased these fun & sassy drink coasters as Sur la Table, and had them at each place.  
(Sorry, no good picture!  You can kind of see them if you look closely here.)

And for party favors, I used my favorite bachelorette party favor: Ring Pops
I tied them with a cute tag, and placed one on each plate.  
These are always a hit!

We also played my favorite bachelorette party game.  
All the guests bring a pair of panties for the bride-to-be.  The panties should represent something about the giver.  The bride-to-be has to guess who each pair is from.  Each wrong guess led to a sip of Sangria for Kelsey. 
I love this game because the bride gets tons and tons of new panties, ranging from sexy to cute & comfy. Its also a fun way to learn about other guests you may not know, and its definitely a great way to get people laughing!  Plus, you have to embarrass the bachelorette a little bit, and holding up panties in a restaurant is a great way to do that! :)

After dinner, we headed to Havanna Social Club to dance (one of Kelsey's favorite activities) the rest of the night away!
This is another venue I would highly recommend for a night out in Seattle.  They were also so accommodating. We were able to reserve a great table right on the dance floor, which really made the evening perfect. 
What a fun night! I cannot wait for the wedding!

Disclosure: The makers of Ring Pops graciously sponsored the party favors for this party...however I was planning on using them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment