Thursday, April 14, 2011

Real Party: Pink & Gray Cherry Blossom Bridal Shower

Before I could even finish telling you about my crazy 3-parties-in-3-days weekend, I had another shower to throw and went MIA for a little while.  Phew...exhausted. 
But I think my party calendar is empty {for now}, and its time to finish sharing all the details. 

To review...a few weeks ago, I flew up to Seattle and helped to throw a Bachelorette Party for my bride-to-be friend Kelsey, and Sip and See for my friend Shannon, and then a Bridal Shower for Kelsey over the course of 3 days. I am finally able to share the bridal shower with you! 

Kelsey & John have decided to do a cherry blossom theme for their wedding, using the colors pink & gray.  We did the same for her bridal shower luncheon.   
 I was in charge of the centerpieces. I punched about 1 million paper flowers out of different gray & pink papers and packed them in my suitcase. 
The maid of honor, Michelle, had glass vases and several branches, so I attached them when I arrived using glue dots.  They were quite easy and wallet-friendly.  Kelsey liked the look so much that snagged them to use them somewhere at the wedding! 

Michelle made some giant party pom flowers which we hung in the dining area.  They were made from napkins! 
The food was simple, but delicious.  We had a panini bar and several salads for lunch.  We had all the fixin's, and 3 panini grills set up in the kitchen so people could grill their own.  It was a hit! People loved this lunch and it made the set up very easy. 

Per usual I was in charge of desserts...
 I made cake pops and cupcakes. 
The cupcakes were adorable, thanks to the gum paste cherry blossoms that I ordered from an Etsy shop called Tiny Diesel.  Shirley was so easy to work with, and was able to make the center of each flower silver to match our decor.  Guests loved these and they really looked beautiful. 

Michelle created little quizzes about Kelsey and John that we used as a game.  She spoke with each of their moms to get some fun facts about them.  For example: "What was Kelsey's first job?"  Many people were surprised that she had worked as a dishwasher! I still laugh about that. 
Michelle was brilliant and used this cherry blossom invitation set from Target for the quizzes, printing on the back and front of the invitation sheets.  They looked amazing!
We also had a little "wish book" for people to contribute to.  The RSVP cards from the Target invitation set were perfect for this. 

Our one mini guest was kept occupied with cherry blossom coloring sheets, and left over ring pops from the Friday night Bachelorette Party.

The last activity we had was the photo booth, which is always fun. 
I'll show you some of the pictures later this week.  We definitely had a great time posing here.
I got the idea of the tinsel heart from this Valentine's Day post at Hostess with the Mostess.

And last, but not least: party favors! Cherry blossom scented lotion and some pink-wrapped chocolates. 

What a fun party! I've said it before, but I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE WEDDING! The official countdown is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment